Girls Girls Girls
It was ‘ladies day’ on Sunday at the Mike Wilson Memorial Meeting, the final round of the BARC Harewood Speed Hillclimb 2012 Championship. As Harewood Hill continued to celebrate its Golden Jubilee, the ladies had their day too. Inclement summer weather intervened once again this season, on this occasion during first class runs at Sunday’s celebration meeting and this time the outcome favored many lady competitors.
- Emily Evans won driving her Vauxhall VX220 in the road going specialist car class.
- Bronwen Waggitt won the Classic Racing Car class in her beautiful Brabam BT30.
- Lynn Owen driving the family OMS 25 won the 1600cc single seater racing car class from husband Steve Owen. Lynn also made 2nd Fastest Time of Day at the meeting.
- Amy Tomlin took class honors in the 2.0 litre single seater racing car class in the family Pilbeam.
- Nicola Dearden finished second in the pre 1994 Formula Ford class.
- Sarah Bosworth took second place in the Roadgoing Lotus Elise class, however Sarah made Yorkshire Centre history by being the first female driver to win a BARC Harewood Speed Hillclimb Championship title.
Congratulations to Sarah and all the other ladies.
Date: 23/09/2012 | Author: L.Owen